This recipe will set you up for success. Wondering how to air fry frozen chicken strips?
First, we’ll show you an easy way to prep air fryer chicken strips from scratch so you can freeze them and then make a quick weeknight dinner. Not only is this a great way to meal prep in advance, but it is also a nice way to save money, reduce processed foods and lower saturated fat.
Homemade chicken tenders give you the option to pick the chicken meat you’d like to use. You can make your own chicken tenders using chicken tenderloin or chicken breasts. You can even use boneless chicken thighs if you’d like.
Take the raw chicken and make it into a great thing. I prefer to use skinless chicken breasts to make these crispy chicken strips. The juicy chicken meat and crispy coating are one of the best things when looking at healthy alternatives to store-bought frozen food.
Prep These Chicken Tenders to Freeze
There is a really great value in making your own chicken tenders at home. Crispy air fryer chicken tenders are a family favorite recipe. The breading and prep work can take a little time, which is why it is a time-saving idea to double or triple a batch to freeze.
Frozen chicken tenders are an easy meal for lunches or on busy nights. The crunchy perfection of the coating on these chicken tenders is pure perfection.
Prep Chicken: for best results, cut the chicken into the size you want for your chicken tenders. Next, add them to a large bowl and add the marinade ingredients. Cover and let sit for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.
Coat Chicken: Afterwards, prepare the coating. Then, dredge the chicken pieces in the flour mixture, then the liquid mixture, and then back into the flour mixture. Set on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a baking sheet that fits into your freezer.
Flash Freeze: Put the baking sheet of chicken tenders into the freezer to flash freeze. 20-30 minutes should do.
Freeze: Place the flash-frozen chicken into a freezer bag or other freezer-safe container and store in the freezer for up to 6-months. Take out the number of chicken tenders you need each time you want to make chicken tenders.
How To Air Fry Frozen Chicken Strips: Air fry at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Use a meat thermometer (165 F) to make sure they are completely cooked and then serve!
How Much Extra Time Does It Take To Airfry Chicken From Frozen
Making frozen raw chicken tenders in the air fryer takes just a few more minutes of cooking time than cooking frozen cooked chicken tenders.
Skip the deep frying and enjoy the healthier benefits of this easy meal. Whether you want to make these tenders for the main dish or for an appetizer, the tasty flavor using less oil is a winning addition to your recipe card collection. The air flow used with the air fryer cooking method ensures a crispy coating you’ll love to bite into.
We love how easy it is to make this recipe ahead of time and it has become one of our favorite freezer meals. Taking less time for meal prep on weeknights is a game changer.
This is a great recipe if you want to avoid the extra cost and preservatives that come from buying chicken nuggets in the frozen foods aisle. The flavor of these chicken tenders is amazing.
- with air fryer sweet potato fries
- your favorite dipping sauce like buffalo sauce or bbq sauce
- with French fries or tater tots
- with a mix of favorite snacks like air fryer pizza rolls
This spicy chicken tenders recipe is a favorite dish because of its popular and distinctive flavor. Whether to looking to prepare dinner, a snack, or a quick lunch, chicken tenderloins are just one of the many things you can make with chicken breasts.
Use this marinade and breading recipe to make other tasty recipes! We’ve made Air fryer frozen chicken wings, chicken thighs, and chicken nuggets with these. And, when in a pinch we’ve even air-fried Tyson chicken tenders.
More Chicken Recipes You Need To Try
- Instant Pot Chicken Tenders with Garlic and Brown Sugar
- Chicken Enchilada Soup
- How To Cook Shredded Chicken In Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
Have you tried the recipe? If so, please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card below or drop a comment. Also stay in touch with me through social media by following me on Facebook, Pinterest, or our Facebook Group!
Spicy Chicken Tenders
These spicy air fryer chicken tenders are amazingly delicious. If you chicken an easy homemade chicken tender, or you're looking for a healthier version of a storebought family favorite, you are going to love this recipe. The prep time takes a little while, BUT the end result is SO worth it.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup dill pickle juice
- 3 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Add the chicken to a freezer bag or a glass bowl. Add in the chicken and the ingredients for the marinade. Seal the bag or cover the bowl with plastic wrap and then chill for 4 hours.
- Next, line a baking sheet with paper towels. This is to absorb excess liquid from the chicken. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the paper towels on the baking sheet, and then set it to the side.
- Get out a small bowl and combine the flour, panko, cornstarch, salt, paprika, cayenne pepper, and garlic powder.
- In another small bowl add the eggs, buttermilk, and hot sauce, and then whisk together.
- Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixtures, then next in the buttermilk mixture, and then dredge in the flour mixture again. Then, put the chicken on the baking sheet while prepping the remaining chicken.
- Set to the side for 20 minutes.
- Lightly spray the air fryer with avocado oil.
- Place the chicken in the air fryer and set it to 370 degrees to cook for 8 -14 minutes.
- Add hot sauce and brown sugar to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Lightly coat the chicken tenders with the hot sauce and then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 212mgSodium: 1745mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 57g
[…] Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Strips […]
[…] Air Fryer Chicken Strips […]
[…] How to cook air fryer frozen chicken strips […]
[…] Did you know that you can cook frozen ground turkey just like you can cook frozen hamburger? It’s easy to do with a pressure cooker. You can also cook frozen chicken. […]