Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy recipe takes just 4 ingredients to make. A creamy chicken and thick gravy that is perfect for dishing over egg noodles, white rice, mashed potatoes, or serving plain. This is a family favorite that the whole family enjoys. Even the pickiest of eaters. So try out this easy chicken recipe for dinner this week.
This slow cooker meal is budget friendly and works with any boneless chicken. So if you enjoy chicken thighs go right ahead, or opt for chicken breasts like I did. Once the chicken is done you will shred and it will be a melt in your mouth pure comfort food.
This Chicken Gravy Recipe Is…
- Made with 4 ingredients
- Easy Recipe with minimal prep work
- Simple Ingredients you might have on hand
- Easy Crockpot chicken recipe
- Perfect Comfort Food that is a Hearty Meal
Chicken – You will want to use any boneless raw chicken you have. I do recommend trimming the chicken first. Remove the skin and any fat or tendons on the meat.
Cream of Chicken Soup – You are welcome to swap out with other cream of condensed soups if you would like. Cream of mushroom soup, celery, broccoli, etc. work.
Ranch Seasoning Mix – You will want to use dry ranch seasoning. I do have a recipe to make a homemade dry ranch seasoning if you would like.
Variations To Recipe
- Instead of ranch use a dry gravy packet in replacement. I recommend a packet of chicken gravy for this.
- Feel free to season the chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder or garlic powder before you pour over the gravy ingredients.
- 30 minutes before you are ready to serve it up, stir in 1/3 cup of sour cream. This will make a creamy gravy that is richer in flavor.
- You can use pre shredded chicken if you have leftover chicken on hand.
How to Make
Full directions on how to make this chicken gravy are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a visual walk through teaching you how to make this chicken slow cooker recipe.
Step One: Grab your fresh chicken breasts and place in your slow cooker. Place in a single layer.
Step Two: Next you will add the ranch seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and the broth into the crock pot.
Step Three: Stir to combine the ingredients and then cook on low for 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours. You want to make sure the chicken reaches 165 degrees F internally.
Step Four: Remove the chicken from the crock pot and place on a baking dish or cutting board and shred the chicken. You can use meat claws or two forks to shred the chicken apart.
Step Five: Place the chicken back into the crock pot and then serve over brown rice, mashed potatoes, egg noodles, etc.
Season with parsley, salt, and black pepper to taste.
Note: Large chicken breasts can take longer to cook. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature to ensure the chicken fully cooks.
Refrigerate any leftover chicken and gravy you do not eat. Just store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Then you can warm up in the microwave or opt to heat up on the stove in a skillet. Just stir often or it will burn.
You can freeze any leftovers. Store in a freezer container for up to 4 months. Then thaw in the fridge overnight before you go to reheat. This is a great way to keep the chicken breast in crock pot moist when it freezes and thaws, it won’t be dried out.
Common questions for making this chicken and gravy crock pot recipe.
Any cooked or steamed vegetables, dinner rolls, crisp side salad, and more. The possibilities are endless when it comes to sides to go with your chicken and gravy.
Chicken in gravy can be frozen for up to 4 months when stored in a freezer friendly container. Then thaw in the fridge the night before and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
More Chicken Recipes
- 4 Chicken breasts
- 1 can of 10.5 oz. cream of chicken soup
- 1 ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- Place raw chicken in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Add in all the other ingredients. Stir to combine the ingredients.
- Place lid on the crock pot and place on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours. The dish is done when the chicken reaches 165 degrees F internally.
- Once chicken is done remove the chicken and shred the meat. Then replace back in the crockpot.
- Serve over mashed potatoes, white or brown rice, egg noodles or eat plain.
Chicken - Any boneless chicken works. If you do thighs just remove skin and any fat or tendons on the chicken.
Broth - You can use chicken stock or bone broth in replace of the classic bone broth.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 934mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 27g